Wednesday, April 2, 2014


Today I went again to my new favorite store, Atlantis Hydroponics. I went to get worm castings but they happened to be out.

Instead I bought a bag of seabird guano. I haven't used it before so I am not sure exactly how it will work but it shouldn't be too far removed from chicken manure.

I thought it was a little pricey at $30 for this small bag but it is diluted in water so it really goes a long way. It is pelletized and there is a small scoop inside the bag.

I mixed 5 gallons of water up with about 4 half scoops. It is suppose to be around 3 tablespoons per gallon. I think I was close to that.

Toward the bottom of the bucket of water I noticed that the concentration seemed to be getting darker, then I realized that all of the pellets had not dissolved completely. Next time I will probably crush them down first to enable better dilution.

No comments:

Post a Comment